This Yellow pepper soup is honestly the prettiest thing – it’s the perfect sunshine yellow! It’s again a rather mild and simple soup (can you tell I enjoy my plain soups for lunches?) that can be varied through spices and toppings. Personally I enjoy adding a big dollop of skyr and some fresh chives, but you can never go wrong with some croutons!
This recipe makes three generous portions at 89kcal each. So plenty of room for adding all the extras your heart desires!
- 410g/~3 Yellow Peppers (112kcal) – chopped and deseeded
- 85g/~1 small Onion (34kcal) – chopped finely
- 1 Chicken or vegetable stock cube (15kcal) dissolved in 800ml of water
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (108kcal)
- 1 Garlic clove
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Tumeric – To taste (optional)
- 2 small potatoes (optional, to make more filling)
- Handful fresh Chives for topping (optional)
- Sour Cream or yogurt for topping (optional)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan
- Add the onion and cook until softened and fragrant.
- If you’re adding potato add it here along with some of the stock and cook until softened
- Add the garlic, tumericand yellow pepper and let it cook for a minute before adding the remaining stock.
- Bring to a soft boil and allow to simmer for ~5 minutes until the pepper is soft.
- Take the soup of the heat and mix using a hand mixer until smooth (take care not to let it splash, it is very hot!)
- Serve either hot or cold, topped with garnish of your choice!
Hope you enjoy this simple soup! Please let me know how you get on and tag me in any posts using this recipe so I can see your tasty creations.