Another day, another simple and bright coloured soup! This orange carrot soup is sweet, versatile and filling. The coconut milk is an optional addition, but really adds to the soft and slightly sweet flavour. It freezes well, and I tend to keep a batch or two int he freezer for lazy days when just need a quick and comforting lunch.
This recipe makes 3 generous portions at 129kcal each, or can easily be stretched to 4 portions at 97kcal each.
- 450g/~4 medium Carrots (185kcal)- peeled and chopped
- 43g/1 stalk Celery (7kcal) – sliced
- 110g/1 medium Onion (44kcal)- chopped
- 10g Unsalted Butter (71kcal)
- 2 Chicken/vegetable Stock Cubes (30kcal) dissolved in 900ml of water
- 70ml Light Coconut milk (51kcal) – (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley – to taste + for garnish (optional)
- Coriander (optional – not my thing, but goes excellent with carrot of course)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and celery and sautee until soft and fragrant
- Add the carrots and stock, cook until the carrots are soft ~ 15 minutes
- Add most of the coconut milk, saving a little to swirl through at the end if you wish. If you’re adding parsley do this here too. Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix the soup using a hand-mixer (taking care as the liquid is hot.
- Serve and swirl through the remaining coconut milk as well as adding any garnish.
Hope you enjoy this simple soup! Please let me know how you get on and tag me in any posts using this recipe so I can see your tasty creations.