Easily my favourite way of eating tofu (and I really like tofu!). Sweet, sticky, nutty and just the right amount of spice. I usually serve it with some Zucchini noodles and an egg fried in soy sauce. This recipe makes 4 Servings at 123 kcal each!
- 1 block firm tofu (342kcal)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil (71kcal)
- 1 tbsp corn flour/starch (35kcal)
- 2 tsp honey (30kcal)
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (16kcal)
- garlic granules
- chili powder
- 1 tbsp water
- sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- Drain tofu – wrap in kitchen towel and palce heavy object on top – skillet lid in my case. Leave to drain/press further for 30 minutes
- Chop tofu in cubes and toss in cornflour/cornstarch
- Heat up the sesame oil in a pan, and add the tofu.
- While tofu is frying mix the ingredients of the sauce together.
- Once tofu has some nice colour add the sauce and it should start thickening up pretty fast!
- Plate and enjoy!
Ps. I’ll post as Zucchini noodle recipe at a later stage, but there are plenty good ones available with a quick google!
Let me know how you get on and do tag me in any IG/Reddit posts so I can see your tasty creations!